The Heart Institute at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Receives Resolution by the Pasco County Board of County Commissioners In Celebration of National Wear Red Day
Hudson, Florida (January 25, 2012) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point was recognized in a resolution by the Pasco County Board of County Commissioners as a nationally recognized and leading healthcare facility in the treatment of heart and vascular diseases. The recognition is in celebration of February 3, 2012 as the American Heart Association’s national Wear Red Day where millions of Americans wear red to support the fight to wipe out heart disease and encourage citizens to wear red to show support in raising awareness of the number one killer in America. The resolution further commends the Heart Institute at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point for all of their outstanding efforts to treat cardiovascular disease and supports the efforts of the American Heart Association to use their resources for vital research and education for both programs to prevent and treat cardiovascular disease.
Representatives from: The Heart Institute at RMCBP; Pasco Regional Hospital; Florida Hospital, Zephyrhills. Mease Morton Plant, North Bay Hospital and Medical Center of Trinity gather for resolutions celebrating National Wear Red Day.
2- L-R Carolyn Quinlan, Chief Nursing Officer, Heart Institute -RMCBP; Shayne George, CEO, HI-RMCBP, Leigh Massengill, CEO, Medical Center of Trinity; Dr. Rao Musunuru, Cardiologist; Shalin Shah, COO, HI – RMCBP.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces the following “Wear Red Day” events for the month of February:
- Each day Monday through Friday the cafeteria will have a different healthy plate entrée
- On Tuesday, February 2 cardiac electrophysiologist, Luis Annoni, MD and cardiac surgeon N. S. Rattehalli, MD will be featured speakers for a lecture on “Atrial Fibrillation – Treatment for Irregular Heart Rhythm.”
- Every Tuesday throughout the month of February (the 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th) the hospital will provide free blood pressure and body mass index screenings from 10 am to noon. To make a reservation call 727-869-5498.
- On Tuesday, February 21, the hospital will host a heart healthy nutrition class where participants can learn how changing their eating habits can prevent or treat heart disease. The class will be held from 1 – 3 pm in the conference center. For information and reservations call 727-869-5498.
All events are open to the public.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
RMCBP has been approved by the Florida Department of Health, Office of Trauma, as a Provisional Level II Trauma Center. This designation means critically injured patients may have access to treatment in the “golden hour.” This is the first hour after a serious injury in which there is the highest likelihood that prompt medical attention will prevent death. Through an affiliation with the University of South Florida Health, RMCBP has the support of a major academic university and medical school. A Trauma Center in our community means faster treatment to improve patient outcomes and keep patients close to home and their loved ones.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Recipient of the 2011 American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is the only hospital in Tampa Bay area to achieve the Gold Plus standard in both heart failure and stroke.
- Recognized in 2011 as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals in quality measurements by the Joint Commission, the nation’s leading healthcare accrediting body.
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI – Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Certified Advanced Heart Failure – Joint Commission (1st in the State of Florida – 1/2010)
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2010
- American Heart Association’s 2009 Stroke Silver Plus Performance Award Winner (1st in State of Florida)
- Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
- Designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters
- Named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at14000 Fivay Road Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com. Or visit us on Facebook.